Where to find us
The Advice Zone is located on the first floor of the Treforest Library and Student Centre
Our opening hours during term time are
- 9.00am to 5pm from Monday to Thursday
- 9.00am to 4.30pm on Friday
You can call in during these hours or you can make an appointment for a slot with an adviser. If you are a part-time student unable to visit us during the opening hours, it may be possible to arrange an appointment outside of these times; just ask.
You can contact us in a number of ways:
- By dropping in
- By telephone on: 01443 482540
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
- Liz Shepherd – Senior Student Adviser
- Darren Avery – Student Adviser
- Chris Llewellyn – Student Adviser
- Judith Powell – Student Adviser
- Carol Sanders – Student Adviser
- Gareth Ball – Advice Administrator
- Julie Jones – Advice Administrator
- Marie Jones – Advice Administrator
We look forward to meeting you!
The Advice Zone is a student centred service which supports students with any issues which have, or have the potential to affect their ability to study. The Advice Team will be here throughout the year to offer general advice and guidance related to studying at the University of South Wales. We will also be able to help identify more specific sources of help and information should it be needed.
The Student Advisers you will meet are very experienced; won’t make decisions for you or make any judgments about your circumstances. They operate within the University’s and Faculty’s regulatory and procedural framework and will ensure you receive the best advice possible within these structures. Your circumstances may be complex and very sensitive, so be assured your meetings are in a safe and confidential environment where you can discuss in as much or as little detail as you’re comfortable with.
So, no matter how straight forward your question may be or if your situation is quite complex call into the Treforest Advice Zone for help and support.
Advice Zones: overview
Please see the Advice Zones overview page for links that answer common queries.